Why a Blog now?

I know that blogging has been considered essentially dead for a while now, so why did I choose to start a blog now, about the Irish Andersons?

My name is Tiffany Wacaser and I work as a professional genealogist. In researching my own family tree, I got stuck on a branch, the Andersons. It started back when I was a child hearing stories about my grandmother's grandfather, who disappeared in the Yukon during the gold rush. When I started doing my own research, I realized there was so little I knew about him or his family.

My questions about Thomas and his family were rather superficial until about a year ago, and then I started doing research in earnest. I knew that the parents of Thomas-Thomas and Catherine Anderson were Irish immigrants who had immigrated to New York and eventually ended up in Pennsylvania, but I didn't know why. My main motivation was also to find out where in Ireland the family came from and so I started researching the siblings of Thomas more carefully. So many partial stories came to light, but unfortunately, I still have not identified the place of origin in Ireland.

My purposes for this blog are as follows:

1) Create a central place to share my discoveries and links to interesting and useful reference material. I want this to be the place where the many ancestors of the Andersons can turn to for authoritative information about the family history.

2)  Connect with descendants of the Anderson family and hopefully locate family photos and/or family artifacts.

As a professional genealogist, I adhere to the standards of my profession. The information I provide will be properly cited and contradictions in evidence will be thoroughly discussed and analyzed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Irish Andersons of Plymouth, Pennsylvania

Colliery Engineer